Soundcraft FX16

richie1575

Hello All

Anyone who is familair with Soundcraft's FX16 desk... I have a problem!

The disk is used in a church application. The musicians are routed to the SUB bus and the general speech mics are routed to the MIX bus. At the master section, the sub-to-mix button is pressed, thus, all musicians can be turned down at once when they aren't playing.

The problem is that when the SUB turned up, only the musicians sound only comes through on the right channel... there is several seconds of delay before the left channel comes up. Any ideas?

Annoyingly, the desk is just over 3 years old so is out of warranty. It is the original version, not the facelfited version.

Any help much appreciated!

Richie 1575

A delay as you say is not something built into the desk. This sounds like a problem on the board somewhere, potentially a dry joint. An increase in voltage could cause this to work suddenly like this. I'd recommend getting the desk to a suitable place of repair. 3 years really ought to be about service time for it.

Do these desks have insert sockets on the sub groups?

If so, try a stereo jack plug with the Tip and Ring connections joined together and plugged into the appropriate Insert Socket may be worth a try.

Intermittent switched jack sockets can be troublesome.

David

Hi! Thanks for the replies! In responce to the posts, I'll have a fiddle with the insert jacks on the sub groups, though they've never been used. I agree with Rob and reckon its due a service. I'm in Liverpool, I need a reliable company who can do the job properly with a quick turnaround!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Richie

Archived