Sound Effects

Munro

Hi Guys, I am looking for some sound effects, as listed below:

Woman's Scream, to go on the end of Thriller before the Laugh. The choreographer has requested it for our dance show.

Machine Gun, the director would like a machine gun sound effect before smooth criminal, that pans left/right so that it sounds like someone is shooting it around the house.

thanks

Joe

Woman's Scream, to go on the end of Thriller before the Laugh. The choreographer has requested it for our dance show.

Machine Gun, the director would like a machine gun sound effect before smooth criminal, that pans left/right so that it sounds like someone is shooting it around the house.

Sound effects

Free Audio editor

Enjoy!

Neil

OT boring old git reminiscing:

Back in 2000, I had just moved house to a new neighbourhood and was still setting up my home studio when I was designing a production that needed multiple women screaming.

As I often do, I preferred to record my own effects rather than download generic ones. I set up with the director to have a number of the cast come round early one evening after the day's rehearsing. As it worked out, I had a succession of young women (a few late teens, mainly in their twenties) come round one after the other and spend 15 or 20 minutes screaming in pain and terror--in my not very sound proof 3 bed semi!

I didn't think much of it until my neighbour knocked on the door to ask if everything was alright....but I suspect I came very close to having a visit from the local constabulary! It was a fun way to meet the new neighbour though and we became quite good friends!

Anyway--to business. As you might gather, I have a number of woman screaming sound effects that I could offer if the ones in that link don't suit--but give me a day or two because they're archived on CDs presently in a shipping crate.

However, as the previous poster hinted, what is though of as the classic "scream" may well be fairly heavily processed with various effects--reverb, echo or whatever. Don't be afraid to experiment until you get the "perfect" one.

As for the machine gun...one of the most common effects for download. Just use the pan control in your audio editor to make it move from side to side. Depending on what you want, I might even do that one live on the mixer to control exactly how the panning matches the action on stage.

Bob

Archived