Littlelites

Ali2580

A bit of a random question here - does anyone know of any companies/venues/individuals that hire out (or would be willing to give) a couple of 3 pin Littlelites? I am using sound desks soon that don't have any.

This will save me from 1. Using a bright table lamp in an Auditorium and 2. Purchasing some by myself at around £40?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers.

You don't necessarily have to pay £40 odd for a littlite. There are cheaper versions, try googling "XLR gooseneck lights" or something similar. Obviously, you pay for what you get (and the littlites can last a good while, even under heavy usage).

If you're unhappy about bright desk lights in an auditorium, maybe try some dark blue filter on it? Or a lower wattage lamp? Or if you're very clever a painted lamp?

Quick google shows you can get three-pin ones off djstore.co.uk for less than a fiver - although they're wired to the wrong pins for our desk at least, so that's worth checking.

A couple of years ago I made some up from some LED gooseneck lights off eBay, some XLR connectors and resistors - chopped the USB plugs off and wired them into the connectors via an appropriate resistor for the current to drop to 5v.

To cut a long story short they were absolutely crap, I made 6 and they all fell apart within a week - although it was the lamp end that broke, the theory worked fine but the ones I chose to mutilate were dreadful build quality.

Archived