MEN Arena. Sound crew contacts?

Dj Dunc

Hi All

Im doing some research on the possibility of getting some unpaid work experience on sound for two people on the 20th of February at the M.E.N Arena. Does anyone know the best people to contact. I have tried searching to see which sound company covers it usually, and also which company is covering the band (30 seconds to mars) that is there, however my google-fu is not the best today. It would be much appreciated if people could assist me with contact numbers of use, or even PM me direct if you would like to telephone me.

many thanks in advance

Duncan

Guest lightnix

There may be a chance that you can get some (paid!) work with whoever is supplying the local crew, but I'm not sure who that would be around the Manchester area :unsure:

However, there will be no guarantee that you'll get to work with the sound crew (or even on that particular gig) and you almost certainly won't be allowed to hang around for the show.

See also this thread for related advice.

Can I ask why the 'work experience' needs to be at a specific venue on a specific day for a specific band? Some companies will be happy to help through official channels (schools/universities etc) or friend of a friend kind of thing. I'v not heard of people being offered work experience being able to dictate that they only want to work on one specific show for one day. I think you'll have your work cut out if you are just trying to 'get back stage for a day'

Oh maybe I'm just being a little harsh

Thanks for the quick replies all.

JazzAV: I know how it sounds,and I am never picky however we are coming down for the gig for the weekend, and it would be a chance to get some industry based experience without having the hassle of trying to get time of university and arrange extra accommodation and travel etc.

Many thanks for your help and constructive criticism.

Duncan

Archived