HAVE YOUR SAY IN DRAFTING THE NEW HSE EVENT SAFETY (PURPLE) GUIDE

HAVE YOUR SAY IN DRAFTING THE NEW HSE EVENT SAFETY (PURPLE) GUIDE

As you may be aware, agreement has been reached between the Events Industry Forum (EIF) and the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) to rewrite the Event Safety Guide – better known as the Purple Guide.

While the new guide will not be as comprehensive as the original, focusing mainly on health and safety at events, the EIF is committed to plugging any gaps by producing a series of additional guidances and bringing all these together on one website as a ‘virtual’ guide to event organization.

Currently a Steering Group is being set up with the HSE to direct the project and Working Groups are being put together to draft the different sections. Although some changes may be made in the structure of the new Guide, it is anticipated that this will be much the same as the previous Purple Guide.

Register now

The intention is that the process of rewriting the Guide should be as transparent as possible. In order to achieve this progress reports and drafts of each chapter will be available for comment via the EIF website. Alerts will also be sent out to those registering an interest whenever changes are made to a section.

It is, therefore, important that you register your interests as soon as possible.

To register simply go to: http://www.eventsindustryforum.co.uk/purple_guide/form.shtml

Although it is likely to be a few weeks before work starts on the new Guide, it is well worth registering now as this will ensure that you are notified with things start to happen.

<<< No nothing to do with me - just though this may be of interest to all >>>>>

Put my sceptical mind at rest. This phrase worries me.

While the new guide will not be as comprehensive as the original

If the new version is not as good as the original, hasn't the point been missed?

If you are going to put the useful other content on the web, then why not put the whole thing on, and forget the paper version?

• 1 month later...

The TESA meeting to be held at the Soho Theatre, London, on Thursday 15th April 2010 adgenda is now available

As well as an opportunity to hear the latest developments on the process for updating the Purple Guide, there will be a presentation by Monika Green of the BSI on BS8901 - Sustainable Event Management. In addition we are hoping to have a representative from LOCOG to provide an update on the 2012 London Olympics.

Each TESA member is entitled to one free space at the meeting. Please book as soon as possible because places are limited.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Minton

THE EVENT SERVICES ASSOCIATION

Association House

18C Moor Street

Chepstow

NP16 5DB

Telephone: 01291 636335

Fax: 01291 630402

Email: kevin@jandmgroup.co.uk

Disclaimer - not my event but of interest to some of the members I hope