Logic 9

Humey

I currently give 'technical support' in a Music Production lesson in which they use Logic 9. I studied this at college myself but haven't used the program since then, around 5 years ago, simply because of the price of the equipment!! And I prefer analogue recording!!!

I am really struggling and find it a tad embarassing when asked by students, one problem we have come across is the fact that when we import tracks to remix and would like to change the tempo we use flexitime which puts a very strange effect on the track..any suggestions??

What is everyones view on this situation, I am tempted to ask my line manager about maybe having my own Mac in which I can teach myself, after all it is a tool to help me do my job.

Anyone have any experience in a similar situation?

When I was in your position, the school bought me a years membership to the training scheme at our local-ish Apple store. I had a few half days, jumped on the train and had some one on one trainning on OS X and Logic. Very good value and focused on what I needed.

• 3 weeks later...
When I was in your position, the school bought me a years membership to the training scheme at our local-ish Apple store. I had a few half days, jumped on the train and had some one on one trainning on OS X and Logic. Very good value and focused on what I needed.

is that the free workshops they offer instore?

Hey,

Flex time sometimes gives a weird effect when you record say a vocal through a mic (a kind of jitter), if you are using Flex time on pre recorded loops it works wonders! It is one of those strange things that there doesn't seem to be a fix form, unless you get your performer to do it properly in the first place=D

If you want to change the tempo of a track for remix why not use the 'time and stretch machine'

Regards

Jack

Archived