Logic Express + M-Audio Axiom 49

CharlieH

Hello Blue Room, and Happy New Year! ;)

I have just bought an M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI keyboard, and am trying to get the hang of it. I use Logic Express 9 on my MacBook.

I have 3 questions, which I cannot figure out how to fix, although I have got everything else on the keyboard working (assigned the transport controls, assigned the faders & knobs e.t.c.)

First is a question about Logic (I think :wall: )

How do I edit or create a MIDI instrument? For example, when I was using Garageband, I could assign my own sound effects to a key, by creating a new MIDI instrument. That way, I could use the keyboard as a large sound effects board, with each key triggering a different sound effect that I had assigned to it. I haven't figured out how to do this yet, although I am sure that Logic can.

Secondly, with the pressure pads on the keyboard, how do you assign these to a note? For example, when I play the pad named 'C23', it plays a low C and then plays up the octave to a pad named 'C30'. Is it possible to assign 'C23' to play a low E for example, instead of a low C?

Finally, again to do with the pressure pads, is it possible to assign them to a different instrument track than the keyboard? I mean could I have the pads playing drum sound effects (not triggering drum loops, but playing a single bass drum, for example) but have the keyboard playing a synth?

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for all the questions. As you can probably guess, I am not 100% familiar with MIDI assignment as I have only ever used a conventional clavinova with a MIDI interface before - thus not having to assign pressure pads or likewise. :unsure:

Charlie

Brilliant, thank you very much Alex! :)

That answers 1 of my questions and enables me to assign the pressure pads to a differnet instrument track to the keyboard.

Can anyone answer any of the other 2? :** laughs out loud **: As I said before - sorry to ask so many!

I am really grateful for your help,

Charlie

Archived