2nd hand mixers

benweblight

I forgot to mention, other than ebay

im not sure which desk to get, but that is a different topic, that I smy top 4 at the mo ,yes the yamaha and behringers are cheap new, but I get more chs 2nd hand, also, foloios/mackies arent so cheap new, im talking about £100-160 budget here, as im generally a lighting man myself

im talking about £100-160 budget here

Get a new Behringer then - they're probably the only good value desks in that price range. The Spirits are better desks but you won't get a well treated one second hand for that much. Mackies are horrible and I'm yet to be convinced by a Yamaha MG desk.

sorry james, im not buying straight away, but if you still have it in a few monts I might be interested

mind you, maybe sept/oct? is it guna be costy/hard to fix?

Well I bought it as my first main mixer a number of years ago with 1 dead channel and 1 dead group meaning to get it fixed at the first opertunity, however I never needed to - I mean 15ch rather than 16? and 3 groups rather than 4? It did everything I needed of it -til I had to move to a substantialy larger frame size. Now it's sitting doing nothing and I would rather it got used somewhere.

James

If looking for a secondhand mixer for either live or FOH you could consider an older but very reliable 200b series genuine Soundcraft. I have several of these desks in formats from 8 into 4 to 32 into 4. With channels being interchangeable, you can swap out a faulty chanel so quickly and you can occasionally pick up an 8-4 for about £ 100 on ebay. You then have a quality desk similar to the current K series but a couple of grand less. Good luck

What do you want it for as a lighting man?

James

sorry james, missed your question

although I am primarily I a lighting man I

would li8ke to be able to provide some sound, should the occasion arise (am dram etc.), also I do a bit of mucking around on cubase etc and would luike a proper mixer to use in a possible sort of garage 'studio' I might have soon.

I deperately need to learn a bit more sound really.

all I have at the moment is my old, defunt 8:2 and my new ub802, for small stuff (see recent posts)

althouugh I could probably only offer a pair of homemade full ranges (not too shabby) and a quad 405 in terems of speakers ( maybe a pair of subbish speakers)

Archived