Jester ML24 desk programming problem

Impact Pete

Just come back from a 4 day play, the desk I was using was a Jester ML24, I brought in some mac300 wash lights and other movers to add to the house rig which had mac250 kryptons and mini mac wash lights.

I patched all lights fine, set up colour pallettes and beam shapes and positions etc, these all worked fine but when I set either a program in memories or sub memories I came up with an odd problem, If I picked the 4 mac250s to move around and then saved it, when I replayed it all 4 were correct colour and start position but the second 2 movers in the DMX chain stayed static and two mac300 did the movements instead (but were shuttered off fine). This happened with whatever 4 moving lights I picked, first two fine second 2 not or if I picked 8 fixtures first 2 of each 4 fine second not moving.

Got round problem by having all fixtures selected during performance and manually telling them to move when sub master selected, no one noticed but was a pain!

Before anyone asks, the desk was completely cleared and reset before patching, all cables,terminators etc. were fine.

Also please no comments that "the jester is rubbish, thats your problem" would be helpful for a change that people could give advice on the subject instead of negative comments, It's been a long weekend!!

Hi Pete,

Are you able to tell us what DMX channels each of the moving lights are set to? have you allowed enough DMX space for each light?

Tim

Hi certainly,

House lights were on DMX 1 to 30,

led uplighters 37 to 40,

mac 250(4) 100, 120, 140 and 160,

mini macs mode 2 I think (4) 200, 220, 240, 260,

mac300 running mode 4 (4of) 296, 309, 322, 335.

GLP YPOC L (2of), 400 and 420.

4 channel scanners (4of) 376, 380, 384, 388

The mac 250's and mini macs have a few channels in between spare, the rest were designated automatically by the desk, and all functions worked exactly on programming pallettes, it was only a problem on memories.

If I had time I would of assigned the macs 300 with a gap to see but to be honest I have used them like this for a couple of years with no problems, it was only patching into this particular house rig.

Archived