MaqicQ proportional patch

Tom Baldwin

I'd like to patch a dimmer in MagicQ so that it's maximum output is less than 100%, but retaining full proportionality - effectively the equivalent of the following syntax on the GSX:

2 @PATCH 10 @PATCH 50 < * >

Using the Max field on the patch screen gives me a different behaviour - head level and output level track 1:1 until the Max value is reached, at which point increasing the head level does not increase the output level any further.

I want (for example) every 2% change on the head level to result in a 1% change on the output:

HEAD %	OUTPUT [raw DMX]
0		  000
10		 013
20		 026
30		 039
40		 051
50		 064
60		 077
70		 089
80		 102
90		 115
100		128

How do I do this?

Currently using v1.3.6, but happy to upgrade if it gets me the required feature - can't seem to find it in the manual, or the release notes for subsequent releases.

I don't want to write a custom dimmer curve every time I need to do this.

Cheers,

Tom

I've just managed to do it, by setting the Max output level in the channels display in Patch to 128, and setting the curve to 'limit' from the pop up menu. That seems to do what you\re after. I'm using v1.4.3, so you may not find all the curve options in the version you're using. I'm not sure when they all got added to the software. It's worth updating though, as bugs are updated all the time.

Also, if you've not found it yet, the chamsys forum may provide you with any other specific chamsys questions.

HTH

neil

If you record the cue to the playback/stack at whatever you want max output to be (e.g. 50%) then doesn't the fader simply run from 0-50% when you operate it?

Alternatively you could create a custom curve as csv file and use that from the curve list.

Archived