Magic Q - Daslight interface

Richard CSL

Not sure about the Daslight interface, but telling the software which interface to use is easy.

Start MagicQ and go the the 'Setup' page. Click on the 'View DMX I/O' button at the top of the screen. A spreadsheet will appear with each row representing a DMX universe, and each column representing different parameters for each universe. We are only interested in the first few columns.

Assuming you only want to set up universe 1, double-click on the cell in the 'Out type' column in the first row. A window will appear with all the interfaces that MagicQ supports. Select the one you want. If the cell in the 'Status' column says 'Disabled' double click on it and select 'Enabled'.

If you can't get your Daslight interface to work with MagicQ, then I'd recommend the Velleman interface that Maplin sells. Mine cost me 50 pounds for the kit version, or there's a ready built version if you don't fancy soldering.

Not sure about the Daslight interface, but telling the software which interface to use is easy.

Start MagicQ and go the the 'Setup' page. Click on the 'View DMX I/O' button at the top of the screen. A spreadsheet will appear with each row representing a DMX universe, and each column representing different parameters for each universe. We are only interested in the first few columns.

Assuming you only want to set up universe 1, double-click on the cell in the 'Out type' column in the first row. A window will appear with all the interfaces that MagicQ supports. Select the one you want. If the cell in the 'Status' column says 'Disabled' double click on it and select 'Enabled'.

If you can't get your Daslight interface to work with MagicQ, then I'd recommend the Velleman interface that Maplin sells. Mine cost me 50 pounds for the kit version, or there's a ready built version if you don't fancy soldering.

I have tried that and it tells me I have a Nicolaudie interface connected, but there appears to be no DMX (output light of box not flashing) so not sure what I am doing wrong. and yes it is set to out.

If all else fails I will buy a Velleman Interface and try that.

Have you read the 3rd party interface document on the Chamsys website? It details supported interfaces and asks you to contact them if you are unable to use it as they may wish to add support for it.

Don't forget that DASlight is a proprietary interface for their software so they may not wish you to use a competitors software with their hardware, and therefore not publish the required information to allow Chamsys to address it.

Archived