HK Actor DX Vs. RCF TT

Full Circle

Hi all

This is a bit of a follow-up to my ealier post (Mackie system replacement)

A few people have recommended the Actor DX or the TT22a + TT18 sub, both options are above my original price range.

But it looks that my original price range won't give me the inprovements I wanted over the Mackie's.

So it looks like I'm going to increase the budjet.

My main question is:

Are the TT's worth the extra money over the Actor set-up as both systems are roughly the same output?

Ian

I haven't heard the Actor system, and don't know it. But I do know the TT system, and it is exceptional. I haven't heard that kind of clarity & definition from a powered system before, it compares favourably to Nexo PS and other high quality Passive systems.

If budget is the issue, then say so to a larger face-to-face dealer and in the current market, if you're serious about buying, they'll probably do you a very good deal on a whole system.

If weight is a factor, the TT22a is 8KG lighter than the Actor DX Top and is still 2dB louder.

The TT18a is 8KG lighter than the Active Actor DX Sub and is 10dB louder. Also, with the TT you would need 2 less boxes than the Actor DX and get a higher output volume.

Actor DX Product Page

TT+ Product Page

Josh

I haven't heard the Actor system, and don't know it. But I do know the TT system, and it is exceptional. I haven't heard that kind of clarity & definition from a powered system before, it compares favourably to Nexo PS and other high quality Passive systems.

If budget is the issue, then say so to a larger face-to-face dealer and in the current market, if you're serious about buying, they'll probably do you a very good deal on a whole system.

Thanks for the reply.

A classic "Don't ask, Don't get"

Any dealer recommendations

Cheers

Ian

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

If weight is a factor, the TT22a is 8KG lighter than the Actor DX Top and is still 2dB louder.

The TT18a is 8KG lighter than the Active Actor DX Sub and is 10dB louder. Also, with the TT you would need 2 less boxes than the Actor DX and get a higher output volume.

Actor DX Product Page

TT+ Product Page

Josh

Thanks Josh for the reply.

Yes weight is a bit of an issue, but it's not the main issue.

Is the sound quality difference of the TT?, worth a few grand more?

Ian

I've not heard the TT22 + TT18s but I have heard the TT08+TT12s and I think it is phenomenal in terms of sound quality.

It isn't my money to spend but I strongly suggest you find a dealer who will let you A/B each, side by side, with your choice of music going into it.

Josh

It isn't my money to spend but I strongly suggest you find a dealer who will let you A/B each, side by side, with your choice of music going into it.

Seconded. I'd also try to demo it in a room where you can bring it up to a volume you're likely to work at, perhaps even louder.

Archived