Help Repairing Martin MX4

rkkt788

All, I'm a nightclub DJ who also has the responsibility to repair any sound & light. I have two Martin MX4's that only work in stand-alone mode.

The controller and cabling is fine. I was able to test the controller with another unit (at another club) and they responded. I also plugged my lights into the system and they didn't respond. All pins were set the same.

I was told it might be a transceiver chip? I was also told the entire board would have to be replaced?

Any assistance would be great. I work at the typical nightclub with no $$$ to repair/replace sound or lights so it's up to me if they will work.

Thank You

OK in my experience the Martin MX4 is notorious for failure of the dip switches, check the connections with a multimeter. (unit turned off) if any fail to work just solder a wire across, or if you are really good with a soldering iron get a replacement switch block. but quite expensive from Martin.

The contacts grime up over a period of time as the air is sucked past the dip switch block on its way into the unit, obviously a design fault.

good luck

OK in my experience the Martin MX4 is notorious for failure of the dip switches, check the connections with a multimeter. (unit turned off) if any fail to work just solder a wire across, or if you are really good with a soldering iron get a replacement switch block. but quite expensive from Martin.

The contacts grime up over a period of time as the air is sucked past the dip switch block on its way into the unit, obviously a design fault.

good luck

Thanks. Not to sound stupid, but where are they located?

Archived