Lost Scene

rlower

So we had a gig yesturday with an M7CL. First gig since updating the firmware to version 2.

After soundchecking the first support band, the scene was saved, however after recalling all channel infomation wasn't there.

The racks however where saved.

The scene was definitely saved as the time and date were shown correctly of when the scene was saved.

It all saved fine for the second support.

The only thing I can think of is that the headline bands engineer was using a usb drive setup with a version 1 M7, but surely that can't have caused it?

Anyone else heard of this?

My understanding is that if the visiting BE loaded the wrong type file, it would over-write your information. In future you need to:

Save your setup to a stick or computer.

And/or:

Load his file into Studio Manager, save it as the right file type, and load it into your console as a scene.

This could also be an issue with the 'focus' of the scene, in the scene page there is a tab titled focus which enables you to choose what elements of you scene are saved/recalled.

A friend of mine did a gig on a hired M7 and, after having spent to afternoon soundchecking the three bands, he recalled the first bands scene 20 mins before doors to discover the only data that had been saved was the head amp level! It turned out the warehouse boy been playing with desk whilst prepping it before it went out and had changed the focus.

However in this case I agree it's more likely to be an incompatibility thing between V1 & V2.

Hope that helps!

Mark

<br />This could also be an issue with the 'focus' of the scene, in the scene page there is a tab titled focus which enables you to choose what elements of you scene are saved/recalled.<br />A friend of mine did a gig on a hired M7 and, after having spent to afternoon soundchecking the three bands, he recalled the first bands scene 20 mins before doors to discover the only data that had been saved was the head amp level! It turned out the warehouse boy been playing with desk whilst prepping it before it went out and had changed the focus.<br />However in this case I agree it's more likely to be an incompatibility thing between V1 & V2.<br />Hope that helps!<br /><br />Mark<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This is an example of why anyone who uses such desks should have his own "default" setup file to load into the desk, so s/he's certain that everything will be as expected.

Archived