Abbreviations:

lukepeck

Hello,

I recently recieved schedule and call sheet for Xmas Show but with following abbreviations included which I cannot de-code. Sd and Sp.

Did a google and a 'Blue-room' but can't seem to find anything!

Thanks in advance. B-)

What context are these abbreviations used? it might help if we knew how the word was used. Perhaps quoting the rest of the sentence. Sp could mean any one of a hundred things from SPelling mistake, to SPeed, Service Provider.

A quick internet seach yeilds 264 Acronyms for Sp and 185 for Sd

What context are these abbreviations used? it might help if we knew how the word was used. Perhaps quoting the rest of the sentence. Sp could mean any one of a hundred things from SPelling mistake, to SPeed, Service Provider.

A quick internet seach yeilds 264 Acronyms for Sp and 185 for Sd

My Bad,

The context is simply ''Crew ( 2 f , 3 st, 1 lx, 1 SD, 1 SP) Its just a crew call in the Schedule.

Guest lightnix

Why not just call or e-mail the person who wrote the schedule and ask them to explain their shorthand? B-)

That would make sense.
That doesn't automatically mean it's right, though :)

I've seen this before..but a long time ago...

Could it be Stage Piano and Stage Dress ??

I very much doubt it! Because a) we've already pretty much established that it's probably a spot op, and b) it's in the context of a crew call for a Christmas show and a 'stage and piano' rehearsal (as distinct from a 'stage and orchestra' or a 'full dress') is a concept that's unique to the world of opera.

Not just opera....

Perhaps not. But let's put it this way - in 16 years of working in lighting for opera, plays, musicals, dance, conferences, television and concerts, I've only ever encountered "S&O" and "S&P" rehearsals in opera. YMM, of course, V! :rolleyes:

Archived