Small digital lighting desk suggestions

parky58

I have a PA hire business and offer a small lighting rig for use at events. It presently comprises of 12 par 64 cans, 3 pulsar dimmer packs which are controlled via a DMX 512 interface, and a less than helpful behringer eurolight LC2412. It has been used twice in the last 6 months and on both occasions I have been unable to re-aquaint myself with the controls. It seems to start up in a mode best known to itself and needs a lot of messing about to get it into a simple mode with crossfades, flash buttons and one or two scenes. I am therefore looking for a replacement for the desk which must be inexpensive, 12 to 24 channel, lightweight and user friendly.

Can any of you lighting guys offer sugggestions at what I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Steve

I think "inexpensive" and "user friendly" are probably incompatible...

What do you call "inexpensive" - if you mean "similar price to the Behringer" then in my opinion, everything at that price point has its own weirdnesses in operation.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. I have bit the bullet and bought a Zero88 Jester off ebay this morning. I paid £360 so if it fails my requirements I can sell it on without losing too much (hopefully).

Regards,

Steve

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. I have bit the bullet and bought a Zero88 Jester off ebay this morning. I paid £360 so if it fails my requirements I can sell it on without losing too much (hopefully).

Regards,

Steve

Great choice (even if I'm biased)... Let me know if you need any help with the Jester.

Regards,

Peter

Archived