RCF ART 600

richie1575

Hi All

Anyone any experience with RCF ART600 (Passive)? Just added a pair to their full range stablemates which I'm powering with a Soundcraft Gigrac 1000. This system doesn't need to get really loud, just want to extend the bottom end.

I could just plug them in parallel.... BUT...

I've used EV SX300/Sb121 in this way with awful results until I added the OEM internal crossover (Effectively making an SB122). The system then sounded great! I was wonering if I could add a decent low pass filter to the Art 600's to avoid the extra amp/crossover and still acheive a decent result. I guess I'd want one which passes below 120Hz?

Anyone any thoughts, and can someone point me in the direction of a crossover supplier!

Many Thanks in anticipation!

Richie

Anyone any experience with RCF ART600 (Passive)?

I'm struggling to find specs of the RCT ART600 as quick google searches don't make them appear! And also it would be nice to know the modal of the full range speakers.

The thing that you need to look at with your setup is what the impedance of the different speakers are and to remember that the Gigrack 1000 powers 300W at 8Ohm and 500W at 4Ohm.

I would always recommend using active crossovers and separate amps for the subs, but sometimes budget dictates the ideal solution!!

Peter

Hi Richie,

You might like to take a look at the following link as on there you can see the user manuals for some old RCF products,

http://www.audio-workshop.co.uk/RCF_Archive_A.html

I would recommend trying to get hold of a old Event X-EQ small crossover unit that we used to do but they to have been discontinued for some time now and dont know if there are many out there but I have seen them on ebay a few times.

If you need any more help then just ask and I will try and find the answer for you.

I hope that helps

Regards

Greg

Looking at the specs, I would still suggest more amp's and a active crossover, The 600's are looking for 600W (8 Ohm) a side and the 300's are 300W (8 Ohm) a side. So running them parallel would make the amp see 4 ohm spitting its 500w to both of them.

Looking at ebay, this could do the job for you to make a spit for the subs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-x-900.584-Passive-...9#ht_1422wt_879

Hi All

Thanks for the replies! I saw the LowPass filter Bassnote suggested, but having fitted a cheap low pass filter in my SB121's a few years back (with truly awful results) I was reluctant.

As I could find no real info, I removed the back of the cabinet and low and behold, there is the mother of inductors bolted in there... I should have really done this before posting, so I thank and appologise to those who have posted... it seems there are very few of these in the field!

Anyway, I am now sorted! Art 600S does contain a lowpass filter (if you look inside!!) Sorry RCF, I assumed you'd done the EV Sb121 trick on these!!

Cheers Guys!

Richie

Archived