LED-64 Floor Can - LEDJ

rlower

Just wondering if anyone has used these LEDJ cans before (or any of the LEDJ stuff)...

http://prolight.co.uk/item/ledj36/?PHPSESS...eb138156020480f

I want a set of cheap LED par cans that can be used as ambient light in a bar of ours for small/acoustic gigs, but that'll also be bright and reliable enough for our larger venues and merchandise stands.

Just wondering if anyone has used these LEDJ cans before (or any of the LEDJ stuff)...

http://prolight.co.uk/item/ledj36/?PHPSESS...eb138156020480f

I want a set of cheap LED par cans that can be used as ambient light in a bar of ours for small/acoustic gigs, but that'll also be bright and reliable enough for our larger venues and merchandise stands.

We have several of these , not stunningly bright but the colours are nice and saturated.

As long as you have a group of them then you will find them ok.

(but at this price they are cheap and cheerfull so dont expect too much)

I have some of Thomann's slightly higher end ones using 1W LEDs, around £100, they're great as uplighters or even as a coloured sidelight on our small stage (with a frost) and they're a lot brighter than the standard Thomann cheapie (I've used them side by side as I've got more of those) however the beam from the cheaper ones is much more even than their 1W model which has a considerable hot spot.

PULSAR and ChromaQ's LED kit has always impressed me, perhaps the Chroma Block would be worth a look? - very bright, very even and still a bit lower in price than a pixelpar from what I remember.

We,ve got 12 of the LEDJ floor64 cans and I think they are great little things!! More suited for up/down-lighting pillers , banners, some set dressing.

I have used them as some extra side lighting for dance, but its better to add some light frost - simply clipped onto the rim with 2 or 4 small black bulldog clips

Bear in mind the beam angle is very narrow, so dont expect to get a good wash from 4 or even 6 units.

To sum up though, they are great for 'adding in' or just set dressing. The RGB is ok - typical rough dimming towards to lower end of the scale as expected- so dont go expecting any dead smooth fades to black!

Stand alone patterns or just selecting the RGB on its own is useful for non controllable applications.

The designer has lots of swags for our panto this year, so im getting another 12 and all 24 will be 'swag dressing'!!

There is a key difference between the LEDJ cans linked in the original post and the EUROLITE ones that Thomann sell.

Fundementally they are the same unit, made from 10mm LED's and about as bright as a 500w parcan with a coloured gel in it.

However the LEDJ ones are 4 Channels of DMX and the EUROLITE ones are 5 Channel, with a seperate dimmer channel. Depending on the application you require the units for or the control desk that you have then either having a seperate dimmer or not may prove more beneficial, we have 60 of the Thomann ones, and one of the venues close to us has 60 of the LEDJ ones, and it is a pain to mix the two varieites and program them.

Possibly the LEDJ ones are more problem prone, we have hardly had any dry joint failiures on our units, whilst I know the LEDJ ones fail quite commonly on green, but it is only usually dry solder joint, and easily fixed.

P.

which exactly are the cheap thomann ones you are referring to? Could someone post a link please?

thanks!

Another vote for the Thomann Cans over the Viso ones. The Visio cans are more expensive, probably because they have lots of features like master/slave and the CA-8 integration, which us in the dare I say "real world" don't need.

Thomann Par 56 LED: http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_led_pa...alu_schwarz.htm

Thomann Par 64 LED: http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_led_pa...alu_schwarz.htm

Both are spot on, and I own a number of both models I've linked to.

Archived