Strand Cantata F. Spare Lens

Neil Hampson

During maintenance, we have found 2 Strand Cantata Fresnels with broken lenses, one has split clean in two, the other has shattered.

As always we can't afford to scrap the units if we can possibly repair, so my qustion is twofold;

Does anyone know of a supplier that has a stock for lenses that will fit a Cantata, I have tried Whitelight, who were very helpful, but couldn't help. Stage Lx, and Northern Stage are due to get back to me, And I am waiting for an answer from Used lighting.

On brief inspection, the lens appears to be epoxy'ed into the mount, so I'm not even sure that replacement is possible. chatting to the White light rep, it seems that this is becoming a fairly common issue, with people who have sourced lenses having mixed results in removing and re-afixing the lens.

I thought that maybe a CCT Starlette lens may fit, or even possibly a Selecon but the differences in mounting could cause issues. I think the CCT simply clips into the frame, rather than being glued in.

Has anyone here replaced a Cantata lens , OEM or otherwise with any degree of success?

The lanterns are quite old and are not fitted (as yet) with a mesh lens guard. I wonder if this is enough to condem them to scrap.

During maintenance, we have found 2 Strand Cantata Fresnels with broken lenses, one has split clean in two, the other has shattered.

As always we can't afford to scrap the units if we can possibly repair, so my qustion is twofold;

Does anyone know of a supplier that has a stock for lenses that will fit a Cantata, I have tried Whitelight, who were very helpful, but couldn't help. Stage Lx, and Northern Stage are due to get back to me, And I am waiting for an answer from Used lighting.

I believe the last flier I got from RB Lighting said they had some in stock - give them a ring on 0208 977 9665.

Are the lenses meant to be glued in, or have yours been bodged at some point in the past? I only ask because I'm fairly sure that the lenses on our Cantata Fresnels aren't glued in.

To get the old epoxy off, Google "epoxy solvent". You'll obviously need something that can dissolve cured resin, which not all of the solvents can do.

Archived