source 4 gobo rotators

Jerome

Hi guys,

I've never used source 4 gobo rotators before so bear with me but I just wondered if someone with some experience could explain exactly how they work? Do they work like a seperate fixture or do they have there own power, settings etc?

Plus, at what speeds do they rotate, is there ways to alter the speed?

Cheers

Jerome

DHA used to make a range of rotators, a selection of fixed speed rotators and a variable speed rotator that I seem to recall worked via their propriatory LightTalk interface. However, I have used a variable type that I plugged into a scroller PSU but I cannot remember what make it was. I would phone the hire/sales company and have a good long chat with them. Fixed speeds were the same as the animation disc speeds - 1, 2, 5 and 10 rpm.

There are several gobo rotators that fit into the gates of a Source Four.

The DHA/Rosco DMX-controlled ones are probably the most well-known, but there are others.

- Quite a few of these use a scroller power supply.

The features depend on the specific unit chosen.

Probably the most important question is whether you need them to be indexable (stop at defined, repeatable angles), or continuous rotation at chosen RPM.

Archived