What to do next?

Hi,

Im in my last year at secondary school, and im thinking about what to do next. One of my main interests is lighting and lighting installation, but I also am quite interested in stage management. My best guess was to go to full time college and get some qualifications in electrical installation, so that I can work as a electrician as well as being qualified electrician at a theatre or venue. But I don't know how the courses work, what the best one is for me, what other people who are doing the job I want have already got and other peoples ideas.

I live 45 mins away from Norwich (Lowestoft)

Thanks,

Andy :(

Lowestoft College would appear to do an Electricial Installlation course - the one you want is the City & Guilds 2330. It will take you three years to complete parts one and two, with a fair grasp of mathematics. From that you will have to do a 2391 (Inspection/Test) and a 2382 (17th). You will also need to complete a NVQ to become a fully qualified electrician. Maybe a way to do this is to apprentice yourself to a firm of electricial contractors in Lowestoft who may help out with the funding for the course.

Archived