School PE Dept sound

andycat

Hi all,

Our PE department have PA speakers on the wall in the Gym, but the previous sound system (line mixer, amp, cd player, Tape deck, wireless mic) got trashed, was too complicated and therefore skipped, by them (!!!)

What they want is a simple Amp with CD player and a line in input for an Ipod. One unit, but say 150W RMS a side. does such a thing exist?

Andy cat

You could look at the Phonic Powerpod Range (www.phonic.com) you'd need a Cd player to go with it but could also plug a few mics etc into it on the occassion if you need it for that? Also you could plug an iPod in using the stereo RCA input!

Let me know if you require further info!

They just want a one fixed box solution, that the dumbest of dance teachers can use.

That sums up Coombers nicely. The ones I've encountered have a connection for external speakers so would seem to be perfect for you?

They just want a one fixed box solution, that the dumbest of dance teachers can use.

That sums up Coombers nicely. The ones I've encountered have a connection for external speakers so would seem to be perfect for you?

Unfortunately the Speaker out socket is line level, to take to a powered speaker as far as I can see. thanks anyway!

Unfortunately the Speaker out socket is line level, to take to a powered speaker as far as I can see.

Looks like they must have changed their ideas then - the two older ones sat in my office have amplified outputs for direct connection to speakers. Shame.

Our school has a Phonic Powerpod which I use with a domestic Radio/CD/Cassette player plugged in via its earphone output when un-adept staff members or pupils want to make noise. As most people are familiar with that sort of unit I can just set it up and leave them to it. iPods and laptops get plugged in via the same lead which usually goes to the amp's tape input, without any hum problems. If more sources are needed (awards evening last night needed all three sources mentioned) I just plug them into the channel line inputs. Cheap 'n' cheerful, basically.

Archived