LS9 audio expansion

dan slv-tech

Im looking at 8 way pre amps to put infront of the cards-MY8ADDA I think ( on 25 way D connectors)

initially I was looking at the behringer ADA8000 but it looks like you cant use input straight to output (it only works input to ADAT)

Does anyone know of reasonably priced 8 way pre amps that stay in the analog domain- ive been looking at the ART TUBEFIRE 8 - just waiting to hear whether this stays in analog domain.

Ive looked at Focusrite OCTOPRE LE- not bad for £229, looks a bit plasticy and again I think doesnt route ins straight to outs.

still like the look and tube pres on the ART tho- your thoughts and comments welcomed.

dan

Im looking at 8 way pre amps to put infront of the cards-MY8ADDA I think ( on 25 way D connectors)

initially I was looking at the behringer ADA8000 but it looks like you cant use input straight to output (it only works input to ADAT)

Does anyone know of reasonably priced 8 way pre amps that stay in the analog domain- ive been looking at the ART TUBEFIRE 8 - just waiting to hear whether this stays in analog domain.

Ive looked at Focusrite OCTOPRE LE- not bad for £229, looks a bit plasticy and again I think doesnt route ins straight to outs.

still like the look and tube pres on the ART tho- your thoughts and comments welcomed.

dan

I have an LS9-16 with a MY8-Ad card (8 TRS jacks in). I also have a Behringer ADA 8000 which I use as pre-amps. Just link the ADAT output to the ADAT input with an optical cable and it works fine. This gives XLR inputs to balanced TRS outputs on the ADA8000.

Archived