Chamsys MagicQ operating questions

dunk

Hey all,

I have been using the Chamsys MagicQ on the PC for a while now and have been doing so to fully learn it before committing to buying a couple of consoles. I have two operating questions that I was hoping someone could answer...

1:) I have a quantity of Showtec PixelTrack Pro led battens. In full channel mode they use 160 DMX channels per unit. You get RGB and dimmer control per cell on the pixeltrack, which leaves 40 cells in total per batten, in a 2 high x 20 wide orientation. On the desk this is represented as 40 heads per batten. If you patch 10 battens you get a total of 400 heads.

If you take these 400 heads and create a grid in the output window of the desk with a cell resolution of 20x20 you will get 20x20 grid of which you can run animation, jpgs, etc over. If you automatically add heads it will arrange the battens from left to right, from top to bottom. This is great, if I wanted a rig with battens stacked on top of eachother. I know you can manually add heads from top to bottom and left to right where you like but adding 400 would get pretty boring. Is there a way to automatically add the battens in a predetermined orientation, rather than just left to right, top to bottom? (It is worth noting that the head layout on the pixeltrack pro doesnt occur as "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.....20" on the top row and "21,22,23,24,25,26...40" on the bottom row. The layout is something like 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16,17,20,21,24,25, etc, and the bottom is 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15, et. Thus creating a top to bottom, left to right snake layout. This makes it impossible to add battens from top to bottom and left to right properly in auto mode because of the way they heads are layed out on the batten itself. I hope this makes sense!

2: I have been using a Hippo HD with Chamsys. Is there a way to make changes locally on the hippotizer's zookeeper on the hippo's local mouse and keyboard and have updated DMX values pushed back to the chamsys? This will make programming a million times easier. After speaking to GreenHippo about this a while ago they said the hippo is ready for this and everything is implemented but the desk manufacturers havent caught up yet, (Referring to other manufacturers, not directly chamsys).

Thanks

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I've got an updated personality for you for the Pixeltracks which will solve the issue with the ordering of the pixels. If you drop me an email - matt@chamsys.co.uk - I'll send it on over! We're currently working with Hippo to impliment the ability to update the desk from the Hippo.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Duncan,

I've got an updated personality for you for the Pixeltracks which will solve the issue with the ordering of the pixels. If you drop me an email - matt@chamsys.co.uk - I'll send it on over! We're currently working with Hippo to impliment the ability to update the desk from the Hippo.

Regards,

Matt

You are a legend!

Thanks very much!

Archived