MAC 500 Gobo rotation

JohnMac

Hi folks,

Please could I tap into the wealth of expertise regarding the MAC 500. I have one in which the rotating gobo wheel refuses to rotate.

With no power on the fixture, the motor and gears freely rotate. After reset and homing, when asking for gobo rotation, the gear just appears to oscilate back and forth.

Am I right in thinking that if it rotates freely with no power, it's likely to be the driver on the circuit board?

Regards

John Mac.

Hi folks,

Please could I tap into the wealth of expertise regarding the MAC 500. I have one in which the rotating gobo wheel refuses to rotate.

With no power on the fixture, the motor and gears freely rotate. After reset and homing, when asking for gobo rotation, the gear just appears to oscilate back and forth.

Am I right in thinking that if it rotates freely with no power, it's likely to be the driver on the circuit board?

Regards

John Mac.

A simple test will be to swap the connecors on the main board with the gobo wheel, if it rotates then you have a faulty driver chip.

Thank you all, :up: :up:

As KevinE suggested used a multimeter to check wiring, found two faults, a broken crimp socket in one of the connectors, and a broken wire in the wiring loom.

Soldered a new wire on to the broken one and used it as a draw wire to pull new wire through. Will crimp new terminals on and test on Monday. ;)

I suspect that only one winding on the motor was being energised which gave the vibration effect seen.

Regards

John Mac.

Archived