sgm gallilieo IV brightness issue

lee weathers

ok heres the deal

I have on my rig 6 sgm gallilieo IV units which are approx 12 years old (well serviced and looked after by myself for those years so all good)

however....

1 of the units is so much brighter and crisper than the rest - as though brand new!!

the lamps where all replaced at the same time, the light goes through 2 internal lenses, then one head lens and then on to the mirror..

so I have cleaned all the lenses mirrors etc, but still to no avail

this is so frustrating as there is nothing complex or getting in the way that I belive could be causing this issue!!

any ideas would be great

cheers!!

Did you re-peak (also called "bench focus") these units after changing the lamp?

On most fixtures there is some kind of adjuster to properly align the lamp in the reflector - however, I can't find the details of how to do this to these particular fixtures in the manual I've got.

On quite a few fixtures it's three adjustment screws at the back.

Just had a look inside one of mine and can confirm there is no lamp adjustment. Maybe the alignment of double ended lamps is accurate enough that they didn't think it necessary?

Whilst on the subject of galileos, does anybody know where I can get parts? The toothed belts for the gobos etc have all gone brittle and started to fall apart.

Archived