WEB -> DMX

sbillinghurst

Has anyone found any software that allows the user to write their own html interface for the DMX dongles? I would like to create a web front end so I can use my wifi PDA as a riggers remote? after many searches in BR and Google I still turn up nothing specific to my requirements as web enabled DMX control is not usually desirable I presume?

Thanks in advance, Long time lurker first time poster. :)

Can I ask why you want to write your own HTML interface rather than just using software which already has a HTML interface available, and if theres any particular feature you wish to implement in control of the DMX channels?

MagicQ already has an inbuilt web server to allow people to use their wifi enabled PDA to act as a riggers remote, and gives command line control of fixtures, as well as remote access of other screens in the MagicQ software.

I'm guessing you already have use some lighting software on a computer though if you already have a DMX dongle. Not sure whether you have any other dedicated hardware / what dongle you use / what software you use though, as it might be fairly easy to get a web interface to work with whatever software you're currently using. So I'll do the usual call for more info!

And welcome to the B.R!

I'll have a look at magicQ and vvv.org thanks,

I have the DMX2USB dongle (cheap and cheerful to play with) unfortunately because this is a uni setup VNC is seen as a virus/security risk and is not allowed to run on the machines here (over protective IT dept) and I found RDP too clunky on the pda to be of use.

The reason for my writing my own was just about flexibility and pda screen compatibility, if there is something out here I have missed great.. no point in re-inventing the wheel now!

Stuart,

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

MagicQ looked just the job until I discovered that to use the remote keypad (perfect for PDA use) I have to use the magicQwing :)

vvvv.org looks a little complex but I will work my way through the supporting docs, any other suggestions welcomed...

Stuart,

Archived