S4 questions

hadyn.williams

Hi all,

I've just has these questions thrown at me and I need to get a fast response out within the next couple of hours. While I am of course endeavouring to find them out for myself. if anyone has any quick answers, it would be much appreciated!

So...

Do S4-CE Ellipsoidals have a safety screen? If so, what is the part number for the zooms, fixed degrees and jrs?

Do S4-CE-PAR/PARNEL have a safety screen?

What are the differences between the US versions and the (CE) European versions of Source fours?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I've just has these questions thrown at me and I need to get a fast response out within the next couple of hours. While I am of course endeavouring to find them out for myself. if anyone has any quick answers, it would be much appreciated!

So...

Do S4-CE Ellipsoidals have a safety screen? If so, what is the part number for the zooms, fixed degrees and jrs?

Do S4-CE-PAR/PARNEL have a safety screen?

What are the differences between the US versions and the (CE) European versions of Source fours?

Thanks in advance!

The S4-CE Ellipsoids do have a safety screen, if they only have a single glass lens.

So a standard definition 19 degree lens tube has a screen, but a 36 degree tube (that actually has two lenses inside it) does not require one.

The S4- CE PAR have a screen, the PARNels do not as they have a second lens.

I've never seen a screen on the 5 or 10 degree versions, these have plastic lenses, so this may be why.

The other main differences between CE and US models are:

The mains cabling CE is silicone (or similar), US is individual cores in a woven sheath.

The use of the second lens tube safety bolt instead of a safety bond, although this may have changed with differing revisions.

The US lanterns are supplied with a cast-iron C-Clamp, which aren't generally used or supplied in Europe.

ETC carry out an ongoing improvement process, which isn't widely advertised, so there are small subtle improvements as time goes on. The last lens tubes I looked at were revision J so there have been at least 9 updates in the design.

Hi there-

ETC produce an exploded diagram for their fixtures, with part numbers for every, er, part, down to nuts/bolts/washers level. I got one for Source Four profiles e-mailed to me by the good people at AC Lighting.

Hope that helps, regards, vbm.

Update- they seem to have most of these documents on the ETC website, here's the Source Four exploded diagram.

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downlo...006-01_revA.pdf

Archived