Robe 575xt blowing fuses

ronknights

Hi.

Hope somepne can help... I've got a pair of robe 575xt movers, which I've had no problems with until this weekend, when both of them blew their fuses (mains one next to power cord inlet) at different times. The fuses are the small 5a ones. One I managed to replace before the event started, the other I couldn't, due to it being 10ft in the air and the blown fuse got stuck inside! Fortunately no one seemed to noticed the unlit light!

Both had been on a few hours, and the marquee was hot , as were the units in general, although neither had overheated, or the display saying they were too hot.

Curiously, I have also noticed that when striking they use 9a each, and when lit 7a. I don't get this when the fuse required is 5a. Could there be some kind of power factor correction not working or something?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Ron

This happened in one of my Robe ColorWash units, turned out to be needing a new lamp - maybe check your lamp hours on the display. I really like the Robe units that I have, one of my only criticisms is that they go through lamps too quickly

Hi.

Hope somepne can help... I've got a pair of robe 575xt movers, which I've had no problems with until this weekend, when both of them blew their fuses (mains one next to power cord inlet) at different times. The fuses are the small 5a ones. One I managed to replace before the event started, the other I couldn't, due to it being 10ft in the air and the blown fuse got stuck inside! Fortunately no one seemed to noticed the unlit light!

Both had been on a few hours, and the marquee was hot , as were the units in general, although neither had overheated, or the display saying they were too hot.

Curiously, I have also noticed that when striking they use 9a each, and when lit 7a. I don't get this when the fuse required is 5a. Could there be some kind of power factor correction not working or something?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Ron

I have had problems very much like this, they have a power filter unit, it looks like a capacitor with 5 wires. It is a whitish colour and is above the capacitor. It will have a brown mark on the case.

Generator use is a classic cause of these going faulty, a quick fix is to by-pass it but remember it is doing an important job and I would not recomend it.

AC lighting sell them from stock

Archived