Lifeless Jands Vista

kitlane

I switched on the Jands Vista T2 for the first time in a few months yesterday, and not a lot happened. The PSU fan was running, the LED on the power button went green, the main screen went into power save mode and the LCD screens didn't do their usual power-up refresh.

Any top-tips before I open it up tomorrow? I'm going to look for properly seated cards, chips etc.

It its powering up ok but simply no display it is probably a lose USB cable which links to the monitor.

Open up the top - 8-10 screws, the top then flips up from the bottom (hinged at the top)

You should be able to find very quickly the USB cable for the on-board monitor. Push it in and in theory - hey presto!

Give this a go.

Paul

I spoke to Neil Vann on the AC stand at PLASA today. He immediately diagnosed the problem as a dead motherboard battery (i.e. no BIOS settings). Apparently not unheard of. Trick is to replace the battery and use an external monitor to reset the BIOS options.

The new Jands Vista OS (Byron) looks good. Pity it won't be available for a couple of months.

Archived