Mixer Crossover

Fbvana

I have a 3 keyboards connected to a Mackie 1202 mixer. I now want to connect that mixer to a Behringer CX 2310 crossover then to an amplifier (amplifying highs and lows separately). The outputs from the mixer are 2 TRS connectors 1 for Right and 1 for Left. How do I connect these to the crossover? The crossover only appears to have 1 XLR input on the back (according to the diagram/description in the Behringer manual - #4 on page 7).

I have a 3 keyboards connected to a Mackie 1202 mixer. I now want to connect that mixer to a Behringer CX 2310 crossover then to an amplifier (amplifying highs and lows separately). The outputs from the mixer are 2 TRS connectors 1 for Right and 1 for Left. How do I connect these to the crossover? The crossover only appears to have 1 XLR input on the back (according to the diagram/description in the Behringer manual - #4 on page 7).

The CX 2310 is a stereo crossover and a simple look at the geek (back) picture (http://www.behringer.com/EN/images/lightboxphotos/CX2310_P0132_Rear_XXL.jpg) proves that it should have two XLR inputs and 5 outs (Top L, Top R, Low L, Low R and Sub). The manual only points 1 out but the text describes "input connectors". I belive you can run this as a Mono 3 way crossover, then you would only use 1 XLR input.

You would simply use 2 x Jack to XLR (male) cables to connect them, its best to use balanced (stereo jack to XLR) connectors to take advantage of the balanced outputs but if all you can find is unbalanced to XLR male, these will work fine due to guessing you aren't running the cables any significant distance?

Hope this helps,

Peter

However, what you appear to have here is a mono system. You mention 1 amp, and 1 amp only. I'm guessing this is a normal 2 channel amp.

IF you have all the pans central and are not using dedicated stereo channels (I'm unfamiliar with the desk in question) then you'll be fine doing this. HOWEVER, if you are using stereo channels, what you will need to do is SUM the left and right so you have a mono output. and THEN, split them again to the crossover. This is because if you use the crossover in stereo and then just use the 1 amp, you'll have you're left hand channel through the sub and the right channel through the tops.

Rob

Archived