Strand 520i

vigorix

Hi:

I need help with a strand 520i.

This is the problems:

1-The Console start, but with a charging time of the system and programs, extremely long.

2-Buttons and LCD from the table on and off soon after.

3-All controls (buttons, faders, wheel, track ball, etc.) of the table are locked, do not work.

4-I have access to the operating system and software with a normal PS2 keyboard PC.

5-When I try to run the diagnostic utility of the table, starts sounding whistles and gives us an information (System too busy), blocking the table immediately below.

6-To reconnect only with hard reset, or CTRL-Alt_Del.

7-I can't run the diagnostic the console block

8-The status log show a lot of errors, voltage errors a lot and others.

Regards

See PDF picture:

http://cid-44d4d6d14f50378e.skydrive.live....gStrand520i.pdf

vigorix

Never seen "too busy" in the console log before!

As a very first port of call, try going to a DOS prompt (Ctrl-X after you've shut the console down but before powering off) and running the 220CLEAN utility. But I don't think that'll do much - I'm thinking it might be more of a hardware issue.

If you're lucky, BR member 'Kazeja' will spot this thread and offer some advice - if anyone on here can shed some light on this for you, I suspect it'll be him.

Never seen "too busy" in the console log before!

As a very first port of call, try going to a DOS prompt (Ctrl-X after you've shut the console down but before powering off) and running the 220CLEAN utility. But I don't think that'll do much - I'm thinking it might be more of a hardware issue.

If you're lucky, BR member 'Kazeja' will spot this thread and offer some advice - if anyone on here can shed some light on this for you, I suspect it'll be him.

Hi gareth

Thanks a lot.

I suspect that is a hardware problem too.

I had run 220clean utility and nothing, is the same problem.

After run this utility the console lost 250 chanels, this is not the first time that happens!

Just load the password again.

Had you saw the PDF?

We are in Portugal and we have a lot of problems with the assistance.

Regards

vigorix

Hi,

It does look like a hardware fault, do you have a copy of the console test software? (If not PM me your email address and I'll send a copy) If you can run this it should give an indication to the fault you're experiencing.

Chris

Simschr, I'm assuming the console test software you're referring to is the CTOS (220test) software which I believe an attempt has been made to run this, but with no success.

If it's the CKPRO software, I believe this will only allow you to test the "PC" aspects of the console. (Willing to be corrected on this).

Hello Vigorix

I have seen problems similar to this before with front panel failure caused by a number of reasons, some of which were:

1). Corrossion of tracks on CS processor card.

2). Failure of front panel processor.

3). Poor interconnections between PCBs.

4). Comms/buffer problems between CS processor and peripherals. (Missing control lines).

5). Liquid spillage.

It may be possible to fix the problem but difficult to do so without looking at the console first.

I do not believe the problem is software related as you can still access the surface controls through a PS2 keyboard.

Hope this helps.

K.

Hi,

It does look like a hardware fault, do you have a copy of the console test software? (If not PM me your email address and I'll send a copy) If you can run this it should give an indication to the fault you're experiencing.

Chris

Simschr, I'm assuming the console test software you're referring to is the CTOS (220test) software which I believe an attempt has been made to run this, but with no success.

If it's the CKPRO software, I believe this will only allow you to test the "PC" aspects of the console. (Willing to be corrected on this).

Hello Vigorix

I have seen problems similar to this before with front panel failure caused by a number of reasons, some of which were:

1). Corrossion of tracks on CS processor card.

2). Failure of front panel processor.

3). Poor interconnections between PCBs.

4). Comms/buffer problems between CS processor and peripherals. (Missing control lines).

5). Liquid spillage.

It may be possible to fix the problem but difficult to do so without looking at the console first.

I do not believe the problem is software related as you can still access the surface controls through a PS2 keyboard.

Hope this helps.

K.

Hi kazeja

Thanks for your post.

I had changed the power unit, the RAM memory, all the bateries and nothing.

Just the motherboard I did not changed because I haven't one like that.

I am trying find one with all my friends at Portugal, I hope soon find one.

I have acess to all the controls with the PS2 keyboard, but when I want run the internal diagnose, all blok and give me a message

"system too busy"

Archived