JBL SRX Hire

jack the ripper

Do any of you guys know if there are any places that hire out JBL's SRX speakers in the midlands or Lincolnshire area? I'm really badly trying to get hold of a demo of some JBL SRX718 subs because I'm in the market for some new subs and want to know how good the SRX718's are. People say they're dfamn loud and chest thumping for a single 18" sub, but ideally I'd love to hear some for myself.

Is there anyone in the midlands who has a pair and could do me a big favour of letting me hear them? Pleeease guys?

Thanks guys.

Hi Jack, hows it going.

I think Paul of Install UK in Ludlow stocks JBL gear, if not he should be able to arrange a demo of them.

Col.

Do any of you guys know if there are any places that hire out JBL's SRX speakers in the midlands or Lincolnshire area? I'm really badly trying to get hold of a demo of some JBL SRX718 subs because I'm in the market for some new subs and want to know how good the SRX718's are. People say they're dfamn loud and chest thumping for a single 18" sub, but ideally I'd love to hear some for myself.

Is there anyone in the midlands who has a pair and could do me a big favour of letting me hear them? Pleeease guys?

Thanks guys.

When someone says "chest thumping" I tend to think "obnoxious 80Hz bump with nothing below that". The 718 and the dual 728 (which is easier to load by oneself than the single) can sound this way if the system tech and mixperson don't know what things should sound like, but they can also sound very smooth with good bottom end (below 50Hz). However if I were in the UK I think I'd check out what the locals such as EM Acoustics have to offer - surely they are more cost effective since they are not from "across the pond"?

Archived