market research

Riddle

Good afternoon,

I am trying to complete a very long project looking into the theatre and entertainment industry, many people frmo here have been kind and patient enough to assist me so far but I still have some gaps that need filling. I have asked the mods whether this is allowed, but have had no response from them... fingers crossed here goes.....

1, If you are self employed who provides your equipment.

2, What is your main role, lighting, sound, rigging, supervisory/management?

3, Where do you buy your equipment from. Please name the establishment.

4, Where do you look for your next job? Publications, word of mouth, etc.

Many thanks for taking your time to respond.

Roger

I am just starting out as selfemployed, but here goes...

1. I own my own basic gear, and hire in anything I need on top of that.

2. I do sound when working for myself, although I am actually a lighting technician. There is more money in sound when starting on a very small budget and scale.

3. All over, often the internet, but my set up probably has 8 or 9 different sources. Ebay is common for second hand gear, but music shops provide more expertise and often give good prices on refurbished kit. Just bought speakers and desk from electromusic in Doncaster at a good price.

4. partly word of mouth, always make sure my name is available at events I work on, but I also give my name to local village halls, schools etc.

Hope that helps!

1: I am self-employed, I own all my equipment, and have trade suppliers for purchase.

2: All, We're a hire / production company.

3: Sorry, that one's confidential, do a google for Leisuretec and Electrovision, there's a couple of pointers.

4: That's the weird one at the moment, most of it is word of mouth and on-line, but this year, we've had some weird jobs, including our first funeral. We've even done a job in our local T3sco car park!

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for your replies.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit, when I say equipment, I meant height safety equipment. We are trying to work out how large the height safety market is, how this equipment reaches the market. Whether employees or employers purchase the equipment and so forth.

Any continues help will be gratefully received.

Roger

Perhaps I should have been more explicit, when I say equipment, I meant height safety equipment. We are trying to work out how large the height safety market is, how this equipment reaches the market. Whether employees or employers purchase the equipment and so forth.

For any working at height I do, the safety stuff is provided by the venue.

:)

Roger

More explict? You didn't give any indication whatsoever. Maybe now I know why you're called Riddle ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived