Installing A Behringer CX3400 Super-X Pro Cross Over

prosrich

I have a PA System set up in my practice studio. It currently consists of:

1000 watt Stereo Amplifier (500watts x 2 Channels)

Ross Graphic Equaliser

Behringer UB2222FX-Pro Mixer

2 x Bass Speaker Bins

2 x Horn Tweeter Cabinets

2 x Speaker Cabinets with 8" and small tweeter

I currently run the Bass Bins out of one Channel of the Amp and The other 4 Speakers out of the other Channel.

I just purchased a Berhringer CX3400 Super-X Pro Cross Over.

Can someone please instruct me where / how I connect this into the system? I am not very technical (well I am a drummer!!)

What I really want to do is separate all the 3 sets of speakers if possible to allow separate control. EG: Have the 3 sets at different volume levels if possible.

If not possible, what would be the best set up using the crossover?

Thanks

Mike Buscombe

Australia

Sadly with only 2 channels of amplification available you can’t get 3 zones of control. Not knowing much about the speakers I will go out on a limb and suggest the following

Go out of the Behringer desk into the Ross graphic (might as well just use the left channel as it is going to be mono anyway)

Take the output from the graphic and put it into the crossover.

Take the low output and plug that into channel 1 on the amp, then take the high output and plug that into channel 2.

Set the crossover frequency at 150 Hz to start with, it might be wroth playing with this to get it sounding better but this is a good place to start.

Plug both bass bins into channel 1 of the amp and plug the other speakers into channel 2.

That should get you something workable however unless you are trying to cover a strange shape I would question using 4 lots of top cabs. See how you go just using the bass bins and 8” speaker cabs

Thanks I'll give that a try. Kind Regards Mike

Sadly with only 2 channels of amplification available you can't get 3 zones of control. Not knowing much about the speakers I will go out on a limb and suggest the following

Go out of the Behringer desk into the Ross graphic (might as well just use the left channel as it is going to be mono anyway)

Take the output from the graphic and put it into the crossover.

Take the low output and plug that into channel 1 on the amp, then take the high output and plug that into channel 2.

Set the crossover frequency at 150 Hz to start with, it might be wroth playing with this to get it sounding better but this is a good place to start.

Plug both bass bins into channel 1 of the amp and plug the other speakers into channel 2.

That should get you something workable however unless you are trying to cover a strange shape I would question using 4 lots of top cabs. See how you go just using the bass bins and 8" speaker cabs

Archived