Mackie VLZ1640 replacement ribbon cable

soundgeek

Hello

I have two Mackie 1604VLZs sitting in my house, both of which have stopped working due to a native fault with all these desks. Something to do with the ribbon cable. Mackie have told me that they will no longer supply these cables FOC and I will have to have them made, so does an anyone know where I can get/buy one from?

Cheers

Oli Jacobs

Hello

I have two Mackie 1604VLZs sitting in my house, both of which have stopped working due to a native fault with all these desks. Something to do with the ribbon cable. Mackie have told me that they will no longer supply these cables FOC and I will have to have them made, so does an anyone know where I can get/buy one from?

Cheers

Oli Jacobs

Sure

Buy the connectors from rs (rswww.com), farnell (www.farnell.co.uk) or cpc (www.cpc.co.uk) and you will also get lengths of the ribbon cable from the same sources. All you need to fit the connectors is a sharp knife to cut the cable and a vice to press the connectors on (they are IDC).

Kev :-)

Archived