HK Cohedra Compact

Dan Appleby

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone on here has had experience with HK's Cohedra Compact system? We are looking into buying a compact line array in the not too distant future and wondered if anyone has used/heard it and wondered what their opinions were? (Good or Bad!) We have it on demo in a couple of weeks time, so the proof will be in the pudding I guess!

Also interested to hear what other recommendations people have in the same price bracket...

Cheers,

Dan.

Hi Dan

Good but not great. I did Roots about 5 years ago on it.

I spent a week with it so I had plenty of time to form an opinion and tune and mix with sensitivity to it.

I just found it too sibilant and laking in the real vocal energy that you can use in a high energy live mix.

Fizz without brightness. Sparkle without clarity.

However... it sounds "nice" on playback.

It's kind of ok.

m

Dan, (Mark),

I thought you guys already had lots of D&B Q10s in your line array inventory?

The small Proel system (Axiom I think) is worth investigating. A friend of mine, Dave Wynne has had this for a couple of years and his purchase was after much critical listening. ESP Productions. Small but mighty I think was the description.

Pete.

Archived