Manual Self Climbing Chain Hoist

Paul_R

I am thinking about purchasing a couple of 0.5t Manual Chain Hoists to use with some truss.

I have in my head, if possible, to use them in a self climbing method.

These do seem to exisit, but would they be too awkward with the 'control chain' working around the truss?

Any practical advice?

Thanks,

Paul

I am thinking about purchasing a couple of 0.5t Manual Chain Hoists to use with some truss.

I have in my head, if possible, to use them in a self climbing method.

These do seem to exisit, but would they be too awkward with the 'control chain' working around the truss?

Any practical advice?

Thanks,

Paul

They are called the CM Hurricane and can be bought from Chainmotors Limited.... wwww.chainmotors.co.uk

Ask for Steve

BR

Paul

The CM hurricane is a useful tool, and with a much more modern braking system than older chain blocks - however I would argue that at the 0.5T level there is probably no advantage to using a self climbing block - if you have to go up to hang a hook you may as well hang a block! - I guess it has some influence at an aesthetic level.

Also, as the OP rightly says there will be certainly more interference with the load (Truss) from the control chain than in a normal manual chain block set-up.

Paul from HUK is right, dial up Steve Addison - we could sell you the blocks tomorrow, but thats where we'd go too!

Thanks for the recommendation for the CM Hurricane.

As it appears they can be used either way up, I guess if I cannot work with the control chain around the truss, they are not wasted!

Part of the reason for the self climbing, is height issues, and I was hoping that I could loose at least some of the hoist height inside the truss by picking up from the bottom, rather than all on top so to speak..

Thanks,

Paul

Archived