Art - Net. Please explain

Richard CSL

I use my computer to program my lighting and I have a built in 3D visualiser that came with the software, but I keep hearing about this Art-Net system, can anyone please explain what this does, am I right in saying it is another method of output from the computer that visualiser software uses to work with.?

Does my Daslight system support this Art-Net. or is this a much more professional visualiser system.?

• 2 months later...
so if I had say four bars of moving heads and all the movers were daisy chained and I then had four DMX cables would I then be able to use something like this except with DMX inputs then have the CAT5 going into a switch along with a CAT5 from a controller and maybe from a pc with the desks OS loaded onto it and then I would be able to control the movers with either the desk or the pc?

You would, if you used one of the desks/software packages listed on that eBay page.

I'm not sure why you'd want DMX inputs instead of outputs. The unit you linked to would do the job perfectly.

As to being able to use either of the 2 controllers to control at the same time, you could run for example a MagicQ Console with the MagicQ software as a tracking backup so if the desk "crashed" you could continue to run the show from the PC.

Josh

As to being able to use either of the 2 controllers to control at the same time, you could run for example a MagicQ Console with the MagicQ software as a tracking backup so if the desk "crashed" you could continue to run the show from the PC.

yeah thats exactly what I meant

I'm not sure why you'd want DMX inputs instead of outputs. The unit you linked to would do the job perfectly.

yeah sorry I was thinking the other way round :D

Archived