Music for lighting

TomLyall

Just wondering, does anyone have any recomendations or favourites as to songs to light, mainly for showing off in the interval :** laughs out loud **:

one of my personal favourites is 'Life in a Northern Town (Remix)' by Dario G.

Tom

rocky - queen, one vision.

ppk - ressurection.

fatboy slim - illuminati.

tocatta and fuge - vanessa mae.

love and affection - courtney pine.

seven nation army has possibilitys too.

cheers

andrew

No specific favourites here - I've programmed 'lightshows' to a wide variety of tracks before now.

But I did once (about 11 years ago) see someone from VariLite do a very effective and sympathetic demo 'lightshow' to the track "Back Into Hell" from Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell II" album ...

Hi,

How about :-

Shoot out the Lights... Richard Thompson

I want to see the Bright Lights Tonight... Richard Thompson

Northern Lights.. Renaissance

Or have I gone way off topic

Fleeting

Or have I gone way off topic

Yes. :** laughs out loud **:

The topic concerning songs with titles or lyrics appropriate to technical theatre is here. This one's about pieces of music that are well-suited as backing tracks for lighting demos ...

Battle Without Honour Or Humanity, from the Kill Bill soundtrack, trouble is, everyone's using it in TV at the moment. its used in a bbc trailer, and three adverts on ITV/C4. Then on top of that it was used in Top Gear last night, and a background piece during Sport Relief.

However, its a great song!

Pink Floyd

Anything from the psycadelic (WTF has the speel clunk button gone!?) early stuff, 'Set The Controls' or 'If' to out-and-out rockers like 'Run' or 'One Of These Days'.

Is 'Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave, Grooving With A Pict' either a) The longest track title, or b) The wierdest track title?

Never tried it with lighting but "Afro Celt Sound System’s" "lovers of Light" sounds like it would be interesting. It has many style and tempo changes and very interesting sections of the songs. Also it is very base and drum orientated with many other instruments overlaid giving lots of opportunity for interesting lighting ideas. Because it is also not pop or rock (the usual) you can try many different looks which you would not normally get to try. It’s also a bloody good instrumental track. Have a listen and make sure the bass is cracked up. :unsure:

Archived