RCF Event 6000's

adamski1010

Hey Guys

I've been offered a pair of RCF Event 6000s at what I believe to be a reasonable price and am seriously considering replacing my JBL JRX125s with them. Does anybody have much experience using them (or even better, has anybody ever compared them with the JRX range?) Any opinions on how they sound? What kind of price are they going for nowadays?

Thanks

Adamski

Hey Guys

I've been offered a pair of RCF Event 6000s at what I believe to be a reasonable price and am seriously considering replacing my JBL JRX125s with them. Does anybody have much experience using them (or even better, has anybody ever compared them with the JRX range?) Any opinions on how they sound? What kind of price are they going for nowadays?

Thanks

Adamski

I had a load of these boxes at one time and wish I'd kept hold of a pair. An Event 6000 is in a different league in order of light years compared to a JRX115 ! Fantastic box - but large, heavy and a little awkward to move around due to the casters being two close together. However, for a one-box system, they throw one heck of a punch and the 8" mid and 1" compression give the kind of clarity only a 3-way box can give.

Keep in mind spares are difficult to get hold of straight off the shelf, at least they were when I got shot of mine. I understand RCF have discontinued all the parts that were in the 6000, so you may have to use substitute parts and/or 3rd party re-cones/x-over parts if necessary. Someone will no doubt correct me if anything has changed. However, don't let this put you off, especially if you can get a pair at a good price.

They are 90 by 60 coverage, so don't array well - they are designed as a "1 a side box".

Price? Depending on condition I expect about £800/pair, maybe a little more.

Feel free to PM me for more info, I have done a lot with those boxes. Good luck.

Dan

Hey Guys

Thanks

Adamski

Although an older design, they are in a completely different league to JBL's entry level JRX range.

Send a PM to Dan Gruner on here, he'll tell you all there is to know about them - he had 8 boxes and they sure moved some air & sounded sweet when I heard them.

Hope this helps,

Tony

edit: speak of the devil, that man appeared a minute before me!

Quite nice boxes, loud, very punchy (those twin 15s kick hard), a nice clear hi-mid and treble range. Not the best for vocal clarity but good boxes nonetheless.

They want some beefy amps behind them or they'll sound a bit pathetic. If you can, run them in the biamp mode; it makes a huge difference, the 15s kick harder and the top end becomes clearer.

Last I knew the high frequency drivers were still available.

At the moment I've been using them passive (internal x-over) but I do have a spare amp and active X-over in the workshop that I'm going to hook up and see how it sounds. Even when used passive, they still sound seriously good and when powered properly they go nice and loud.

Cheers

Archived