Jump to content

Insurance for personal equipment.

Dj Dunc

Recommended Posts

Hi all.


Just about to buy a Macbook Pro, which will be out and about with me quite a lot for doing work on the train / on site etc. It will be going down to london with me over the summer for NYT ideally.


I will also be taking my Protools MBox 2 and external hard drive etc with me where I go. Total value would be around £2k


Who are the best people to offer this kind of insurance? I was told by one of my lecturers that the MU runs a £2k cover for equipment, but Im not sure if I classify as a "musician" in these circumstances.


Ive looked on musicguard.com and a few others, but im none the wiser.


Many thanks



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a music guard policy - in fact, had it for quite a while and the nice bit is that you can insure for a percentage of your total kit value, so when you go out with just a few bits, they're covered, as long as the right percentage is still back at base! Much more affordable, as your rarely take everything you own out with you.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.