Leap Frog 48 Memory Problems

wirralmatt

I bought a Zero88 LeapFrog 48 a few months ago and I am very happy with it. It is a great desk. Recently, however, it has developed a memory problem that no one can explain. I have a number of submasters and memories programmed into the desk. If I turn my desk on and make changes to that, add memories, delete memories, add submasters etc it remembers everything ok. If I turn the desk off and then straight back on they are still there. If I turn the desk off over night and then turn it back on in the morning all of my subs and memories have gone back to how they were before I made changes.

I've eliminated the internal battery as the cause because the old memories and ok and the clock does not reset.

I have run a diagnostic test on the NVR memory and that is ok.

I've spoken to the chaps at Zero and they are going to have a look at it for me, in the meantime has anyone come across a similar problem or have I found a new way to break my desk :blink: !!!

Thanks for any help,

Matt :angry:

Hi Matt

As you know, we're looking to this here - it's not something we've heard of before. The usual thing in this situation is the battery, but as you say you've eliminated that.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the support you guys are offering at Zero88. Do you think it would be worth changing the battery anyway or does the clock staying right definitely eliminate that?

Matt

If you're happy to change the battery, it's worth a go - the clock circuitry is on the main PC board inside the desk, whereas the show file gets stored on a slightly different circuit. If your battery is marginal, it could be that there is enough voltage to drive the clock but not quite enough to maintain the show file data. The battery type is a standard CR2032 fitted into the holder on the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

Hope that you had a good journey back after your visit to us last week.

As I have not heard from you I assume everything is ok with the desk now?

Let me know if there are still any problems.

Just a quick update for anyone following this. I went down to Zero88 last week and they had a look at the desk for me (very helpful they were too!) After a bit of playing with various things on the desk it turns out that the flash unit inside the desk was slightly faulty and didn't fit perfectly into place. This meant that changes to some of the memories were not being stored when the desk was powered down. It seems to have also been linked into whether or not I entered setup on the desk or not. The flash unit was changed and the latest software was loaded onto the desk. The show on Saturday went really well and everything seems to be resolved now.

:lock: Matt

Archived