TT+ system pole mounting

bassfreak

Hello guys, just a quick question. At the minute we are using a TT+ system comprising of the tt25a tops and tts18 bins. We bought the system slightly used and the guy threw in a pair of art 705 bins. These are currently not being linked in with the system and are basically acting as expensive speaker stands ha ha, so what I'm after are the pole mount caps for the bins and the poles. Is there anywhere I can go and buy them from or do I have to get them from RCF direct?

Many thanks.

I'm thinking RCF are going to be far more expensive than other places.

As long as you buy steel top hats and adjustable poles, you should be OK.

Top hats from Maplin and a pair of adjustable poles here.

Cheers, will that tophat sit in the bin ok? Also will a 1m pole be high enough to get the top over heads?

These were just examples, but I think you will find height of the sub, (52cm) 1M of pole and height of the top cab up to the HF should be high enough.

I'm not saying go out and buy these, but cheaper than RCF.

If you can use a drill and hole saw any type of the 'top hat' or pole cap should fit.

Just be careful!

I thought the TT18S-A had pole mounting caps as standard?

If those poles are similar to their speakers they've be in 4 bits by the time you've got the top cab on them. I'd suggest some better ones.

What type of connection is it in the top of the TT sub? Is it just a slot, or a screw. Various boxes have screw tpes and may be of varying thread types depending on manufacturer. These are generally better designs. I half assumed they would be.

So 520mm. 1000mm less 200mm for the overlap in the top hats. 1320mm. to the bottom of the top cab. Estimate 450mm top cab height, and a 330mm "bottom of flare" height. 1650mm. No it's not high enough by some considerable margin. With loud boxes like that, capable of doing larger venues than some other boxes on stick type affairs, I'd like to see the bottom of the top cab at least 1800mm off the ground, preferably 2200-2400 where roof height allows it. Of course, I'd expect a pair of K&M (or similar) tilt brackets to be used. Or the manufacturers flying yoke (if there is one).

So did I - there's one show on the data sheet.

The ones I've seen have always had them.

:unsure:

No I thought they may have came as standard too, but they are blank panels with no hole for the pole to slot into. Don't mind spending the cash for the right ones to be honest we've spent enough on the rig so buying cheaper parts for the sake of saving a few quid isn't on my mind.

Hi All

Mark thanks for the pm on this thread and good to meet you at ABTT!

The TTS18-A & TTS28-A do not come with a top hat just a blanking panel as mentioned, there is a M20 Threaded plate (£24.00 list ex VAT) which we do that fits directly as a replacement to the plate, Proel also do one that matches the hole spaceing as well not sure on price for that. Then I would use the K&M M20 threaded distance rods which IMO are some of the best there are.

I hope this helps and if you need any more info just ask.

Thanks

Greg

So did I - there's one show on the data sheet.

The ones I've seen have always had them.

:unsure:

No I thought they may have came as standard too, but they are blank panels with no hole for the pole to slot into. Don't mind spending the cash for the right ones to be honest we've spent enough on the rig so buying cheaper parts for the sake of saving a few quid isn't on my mind.

That's what I use (though for the 8" cabs) as I can get much more height when required. Add the K&M angle thingy (check it can take the weight) and all is good.

Takes up more floor space of course, but also lets me put the subs together in the middle to couple if I want.

That said, I do use poles for smaller events, & I can still get the tops above head height.

That's what I use (though for the 8" cabs) as I can get much more height when required. Add the K&M angle thingy (check it can take the weight) and all is good.

Takes up more floor space of course, but also lets me put the subs together in the middle to couple if I want.

That said, I do use poles for smaller events, & I can still get the tops above head height.

Yeah been looking at some stands and the proel wants say they can take up to 40kg or so, they'll probs be ok for the job, and yeah been able to put the subs together would be good too.

At the end of the day it's a cap with a hole in it and a pole.

I guess Rob will be right though, as the sub in this instance is physically quite low.

Maybe your best bet would be to go into a p.a store and have a look?

Electro music in Doncaster is a great place.

At the end of the day it's a cap with a hole in it and a pole.

I guess Rob will be right though, as the sub in this instance is physically quite low.

Maybe your best bet would be to go into a p.a store and have a look?

Electro music in Doncaster is a great place.

I'm in sunderland, maybe stage electrics have them? I think a 1.5m pole should be sufficient to get the top up as we done a quick measurement, having adjustable poles may help too.

Archived