Frog Playback X - Fade Up/Down timers not working

oligoon

Guys,

this is probably an old chestnut - and I apologise if it is - but our local theatre has a Frog desk with 24 channels, however when I tried to programme the memory it took no notice of the Fade Up/Fade Down timers - so as I didn't have time to investigate I just used Sub masters and did fade times manually.

I've heard that the Frog's need to have new software on them fairly often - is this likely to be the problem?

It is easily possible that in my haste I was doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any comment!

You should be able to programme the times in to each cue by scrolling down/over (depending if you're using a monitor or not) to the fade time in the display and changing it.

Unlike some of the old Sirius desks, Frogs don't take the recorded time from the faders. In Superuser you can set a default time then just change the times that you want to be different.

I second what Just Some Bloke has said here.

When I first used the Fat Frog I had this problem, but yes once you connect a monitor you can see all the fade times which you can easily increase.

I find I am always needing the lighting to fade though so I did go into Super User (Plus, Minus and Enter keys all pressed at once) and set the default fade time to 3 seconds which provides a good enough fade.

It shouldn't be anything to do with a software update.

Archived