Various abstract effect lights

johndenim

I have a pair of Abstract vr8's and twister 4's (older model, 250w).

I'm thinking of selling them, but as they are not made any more I am unsure of their value.

Ebay shows only 1 vr8 as spares, and twister 4's are not as good as mine, I have flight cased them all since new.

Vr8's about 5 years old, (one with new discharge lamp) and twister 4's about 4.

Any Ideas please?

John, its tricky as Abstract dont do this sort of lighting anymore, especially the VR8 which was replaced by the superior VRX

from floating around the DJ forums Twister 4's seem to go from £80-£120 a pair depending on the version, you dont see many 100W versions around, most are the 250w versions and if lucky they are the 250w HP versions which is fairly recent

about 3 weeks ago I paid £100 for a Pair of the 250w ones in a case, im interested in another pair if you decide to sell

Hi I recently listed some vr4's in mint condition in Adda cases 0n ebay we are talking 9 weeks ago

they sold for £120 a pair what a joke I relisted some more for buy it now at £250 they stayed on ebay for for nearly 8 weeks without a buyer so swapped for some kit with another dj I knew.

I know your Vrs are vr8 so have a disscarge lamp but wouldnt have thought that would affect price much as condition was good

you know you can search for completed listings in advance search on ebay so you can tell how much stuff has sold for in the last month ???

would give you a better option than guessing .

good luck

Abstract gear seems not to fetch the price since they stopped making it ?

I have a pair of Abstract vr8's and twister 4's (older model, 250w).

I'm thinking of selling them, but as they are not made any more I am unsure of their value.

Ebay shows only 1 vr8 as spares, and twister 4's are not as good as mine, I have flight cased them all since new.

Vr8's about 5 years old, (one with new discharge lamp) and twister 4's about 4.

Any Ideas please?

once you have a price in mind for the vr8's let me know, im also interested.

That's great thanks guy's.

Once it has been set in stone to sell I will let you know.

We could almost have our very own 'ebay-esque' blue room auction! :)

I had tried looking in the 'for sale' section but could not find said fixtures.

I love abstract gear, DJ style equipment, but they knew how to make equipment!! They didnt compromise on price when the copies appeared and they actually had a DMX system throughout their entire range which meant you can plug and play pretty much every model they made with each other

a few years ago when working for a company, I used the Club 64 Controller with 4x Twister 4's, 4 Club Scans, 4 x CLub Revolutions, it was a dream to use, great patterns, easy setup, I miss those days :)

I too love abstract I have got so many of the 1ce Range for our djs to use

the price is great for a buyer but lousey for a seller plus you can pick up S/H units for £20 working so when they go wrong just buy another

but they seldom do if they do it will always be a lampholder or something universal that can be replaced from most spares draws.

You are unlikely to find most budget dj gear like this on the blue room for sales page but if the price is right I suspect a few takers.

I agree with SIG abstract DMX is one of the best around for linking different products from many ranges and all working together

SABRE we salute you ;-)

sabre for those who dont know design the electronics for abstract and also write instruction manuals for lots of other companys

in this field

Sabre are good, but try getting hold of old parts!

I emailed asking for a new pcb for a revo, apparently it would cost over £100!

So I bought a dodgy one from ebay for £13 and swapped the boards.

I've just serviced my 8 Abstract FutureScan IIIs and having had no real need for them for over a year I'd forgotten how great they were! Once I'd cleared the dust off the optics they were as good as new.

Only issue I've ever had with them was the calibration of the mirrors as the posts that they 'jam' against at startup have a tendancy to work loose but for the price you can't go wrong. I'd still consider buying more secondhand as the bang for your buck factor is brilliant.

And the fact that all the colours and effects across the whole range (with support for older units) will sync in pleasing ways and in multiple groups make them ideal for standalone jobs where you just want to leave them to their own devices.

Big thumbs up for them :rolleyes:

Archived