Service Technicians

sampwhite

I'm just doing a research paper into technical service departments and need advice and information on the best way to go about this and what type of skills and background training is required of me if I was to pursue this direction of the industry. any help and advice would be great.

thanks

I'd say an HNC in electronic and electrical engineering would be a good start. If we're talking bench work on movers/anything electronic - which is what I think of when I hear the name service technician. It's basically what I am, albeit in a different industry.

Perhaps approved spark would be useful, but I reckon a working knowledge of lower voltage (DC), analogue and digital electronics would be more useful.

Guest lightnix

You could try giving Dik Welland at The Lighting Hospital a call - he set the company up very recently, specifically to provide repair services and has experience going back to the VL1 and beyond.

You never know - he might even be able to offer you some work, sometime :(

Archived