Sanyo XP200 RS232 shutter?

sleepytom

Does anyone know the serial commands to open / close the shutter on the XP200 ? in typical sanyo style there is a little bit of info in the manual but not the codes for the shutter commands! (obviously sanyo think it's important to be able to set the audio volume via rs232, but nobody would want to use the shutter?!?)

I'm hoping to build a DMX>RS232 box to give DMX control of the shutter - but without the codes the project is a bit of a non-starter..

Does anyone know the serial commands to open / close the shutter on the XP200 ? in typical sanyo style there is a little bit of info in the manual but not the codes for the shutter commands! (obviously sanyo think it's important to be able to set the audio volume via rs232, but nobody would want to use the shutter?!?)

I'm hoping to build a DMX>RS232 box to give DMX control of the shutter - but without the codes the project is a bit of a non-starter..

Hi Tom,

Have you tried the command for Video Mute, which is "C0D" and to open the shutter "C0E"

We have an XF47 which we use over serial control, and we use AV mute for no show, which on the remote for the XP200 closes and opens the shutter

How are you planning on doing DMX control of the XP200, we have just put one in on our LX bars, and are looking as RS232 control either from PC or DMX

Hope that helps

If you want an off the shelf solution, then DMX to Serial Converter is something I have come across when looking for something similar.

If you wanted to control from PC then you might consider extending the RS232 over cat5 for extended distances, first hit on search engine.

If you did want a DMX -> RS232 solution, I might be able to help further very shortly based on something I am working on..

I'm thinking of a stand alone converter either from Engineering Solutions Inc or a custom job based on the arduino.

I'll start off with a computer based option though to make sure I have the codes working properly. I'm also hoping to get a universal IR remote programmed with the common functions of sanyo projectors that are annoyingly deep in the menu - I've never understood why you have to go into submenus to flip the image, its an endless source of annoyance trying to get to find the right menu when the image is upside down and back to front!

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

in addition does anyone have a list of IR remote compatibility between the different sanyos? All my XP5x series seem to work with the same remotes but my 41s and 200s have different commands :P annoying when using them together as I end up with pockets full of remotes - are the 100 and 200 remotes the same as each other?

Archived