Martin Pro918 B/O when fix gobo selected and C1 is on open

Davyx

Hi,

I just bought 4 Pro918 scanners. When I got them, I tested them and I didn't notice anything wrong.

After a big cleaning I put back all parts together.

2 scanners are working very well, all functions are responding.

For the 2 others all functions are working in DMX or in Manual (from the display menu) except the fixed gobos and Color 1 wheel (the removable colors).

If the C1 wheel is on the open position, when I select a fix gobo, the shutter is closing, the fix gobo wheel doens't move and the C1 wheel is scrolling non-stop.

If the C1 wheel is at any color position except open, I can select any fix gobo and everything is working fine. But when select open on the C1 wheel, immadialty it's going to Blackout and the color 1 wheel is scrolling.

The 2 working scanners have the version 1.6 and the 2 defects 1.4. I was then thinking it can come from the version. I inverted the main boards and it's still the same problem on the same scanners. So it doesn't come from the main boards.

I have started to look how this is connected and tested the cables and connectors. They are all ok. I noticed that the hall sensors for the fix gobo wheel and the Color 1 wheel are connected in parallele. So can the CPU mix the color and the gobo wheels??? This doesn't sound possible.

I have emailed Martin.dk but I still haven't receive any answer. If somebody has an idea, it's welcome.

Hi, which error messages are on the display ?, maybe has two inverted motor wires, regards.

There is no message error and the reset is done normally. This is what I don't understand. But I will now try to exchange the modules, sensors and wires with one working scanner.

If I remember correctly, these fixtures have an auto blackout that shuts the shutter if a gobo or colour wheel loses position. This at least stops unwanted shapes/colours appearing in a show.

Check the sensors on both colour wheel and gobo by using a magnetic screwdriver to trigger the sensor. If the sensors work make sure the magnet on the wheel is close enough to trigger, something may have moved whilst cleaning.

double check all the wiring looms. Not easy but a fault could have lain hidden until you striped them for cleaning. check each conection and try wiggle the wires to try an show up a loose conection.

Nick

If I remember correctly, these fixtures have an auto blackout that shuts the shutter if a gobo or colour wheel loses position. This at least stops unwanted shapes/colours appearing in a show.

Check the sensors on both colour wheel and gobo by using a magnetic screwdriver to trigger the sensor. If the sensors work make sure the magnet on the wheel is close enough to trigger, something may have moved whilst cleaning.

double check all the wiring looms. Not easy but a fault could have lain hidden until you striped them for cleaning. check each conection and try wiggle the wires to try an show up a loose conection.

Nick

You're right, that's the reason why I have the black out.

I have exchanged the color module with another scanner and it works. Now on the non-working module I have simulated the magnet which is on the wheel with a bigger one and it works too. The problem is on the color wheel sensor.

What I don't understand it's why the sensor works at the reset, but not after. I think it's an adjustment problem. I will look at them this weekend.

But thank you to all of you for your answers!

I come to close this thread and to explain what was wrong.

I didn't understand why the color wheel was scrolling when I was selected a fix gobo and when a color was selected I could select any fix gobo. The B/O came from the setting as mentioned by nick7076 ;)

The problem came from the sensor of the color wheel.

I tried to replace the hall sensor on the small pcb, even to change the magnet on the wheel but it still had the same problem. Then I removed the sensor card and took it into my hand to try if the distance between the sensor and the magnet was important. Even at 1 cm, the sensor was detecting the magnet. I didn't understand why it was working when I had the pcb into my hand and not when it was screwed on its support.

When I did my cleaned, I removed all parts, including the colors and gobos wheels. When I put the wheels back, this color wheel wasn't at the same position than before and that was the reason.

During the reset, when the sensor detects the magnet, it stops the wheel. But after, when the wheel was supposed to be on the open position, then magnet under the sensor, it didn't work. And do you know why, just because the magnet was located between 2 steps of the motor. When the motor stopped at the reset, it wasn't under the magnet. I just repositioned the wheel on the motor axis and it worked.

Lots of works for a stupid thing!

Archived