Large plastic tubes

fluiduk

Hi does anyone know where I can get my hands onlarge plastic tubes, preferably flame retardent to use as light tubes.

I am planning to mount them on a wooden veneer coated base and then light them with MAC 300's or colour change par cans.

Any help appreciated.

Aaron

Cool I will try that. The plan was just to get some plastic tubes and sand the insides to create a frosted glass kind of look.

But that would never end up being a particularly even result.

Why not look in the yellow pages for plastic suppliers?

we use a lot of "tubes" as columns on sets, and have tried all sorts, we have some cardboard ones that we had made to the correct length they and they cost about £40 each (3m) we have some, plastic air con ducting pipe they are £20 each for 3m tubes) I had a price on some custom extruded plastic tube which would be suitable as you described, but never purchased them as they where £480 each for 3m tubes, and we are about to get some tubes made from perforated steel, these will be able to be lit internally and should look quite good, they are about £250 each for 3.5m ones.

paul...

Archived